If you keep browsing this website, clicking on links, you accept cookies and further services.

In the GP of Greece Alex Salvini is twice on the third step of the podium

enduro honda redmoto grecia salvini13

Greece is a land of visions. Here lived the gods and the dreams can become true after chasing and wishing. That’s the synthesis of the GP of Greece, fourth round of the Enduro World Championship, raced in Serres on June 6th-7th. Here, Alex Salvini and Alessandro Battig arrived with hopes of glory.
Just like when Alexander the Great founded the Macedonian Empire, conquering the Persian territory. In this two days Salvini attacked relentlessly Antoine Meo and “Pela” Renet. He race until the limit with his Honda- CRF 450R Enduro being aggressive and precise since the free practice with only one goal: the victory.
At the end he did not succeed, but for his two adversaries was not easy. The numbers recorded by Salvini are clear: he won a test, finishing all the other always second or third. The worst results are three fourth and two fifth positions. On Saturday he could conquer the second place, if the line test was a good shoot.
But he switched off the engine entering in a bend, losing eight or nine seconds. On Sunday Salvini fought until the end for the victory, but in the end he had to settle for a third place due to two falls in the line test. Good race for Alessandro Battig too, twice fourth and always very close to the third step of the podium. Result he missed on Saturday for only three seconds.

alex salviniALEX SALVINI (E2 Class Honda- CRF 450R Enduro)
“It was a pretty good weekend, because I was always in fight with my rivals. Too bad for Saturday: I could finished second. In a line test I was very strong and I was at the limit, making a mistake and loosing the second position. On Sunday, however, I left good, but two falls compromised my day. In the extreme test I struggled because it was a bit 'slow for my racing characteristics. Fortunately the GP of Italy is so close and I hope in a good race”..

battigALESSANDRO BATTIG (EJ Class Honda- CRF 250R Enduro)
“Fourth both the days, during which I always battled with Redondi for the third step of the podium. Too bad, because I was so close: I did my best, but in the end he won. I'm not glad because I believe in the podium. I hope in a better weekend in the Italian Grand Prix”.

franco210FRANCO MAYR (Team Manager)“A particular competition. Our riders had a good race. Battig was twice fourth, while Salvini always finished third. Surely he could finish twice second, if he didn’t make a mistake on Saturday and two falls on Sunday. We know that in the E2 mistakes are not allowed because there’s always a tough battle for the podium”.

tulio210TONI SPECIA (Alex Salvini's Technician)
“Salvini started so strong during the whole weekend. On Saturday he was racing at the limit, but the engine switched off while he was entering on a bend finishing third. However, on Sunday he suffered the extreme test. In the other tests he always recorded the same time of Meo and Renet, and so he could try to get the victory. For our team has been a positive GP. Battig had a great race too, finishing twice fourth always foughing for the podium with Redondi”.

Next round of the World Championship is on June 20th-21st: The GP of Italy Rovetta (Bergamo).

­