If you keep browsing this website, clicking on links, you accept cookies and further services.

Double Victory for Alex Salvini and Alessandro Battig in the fourth round of the Italian Championship

alex 29 06

It’s been a long wait! But after more than three months the Enduro Italian Championship gets back with the fourth round, raced on Sunday in Fabbrica Curone, near Alessandria. After three months of silence, in which Team Honda- -Zanardo riders faced the World Grand Prix in Chile, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy, Alex Salvini and Alessandro Battig gave show and emotions. Salvini was great ruler of E2, with the fastest time in eleven of the twelve special tests, while Alessandro Battig conquered the third success of the season in E1 and now is the leader. Salvini was the protagonist of the challenge for the overall victory too, lost only because of a fall during the third lap of the line test, suffering contusions and a large hematoma on his right shoulder. Alessandro Battig conquer the first position in E1 class at the end of an exciting battle with Manzi, Martini, Micheluz, Albergoni and Moroni. Battig always finishing in the “top five” and getting twice the first position and three times the second and the third best time. The race was on a track of 45 km to repeat four times with three different special tests: a line test in the undergrowth between roots and rocks, a cross test and an extreme test always in the undergrowth with deep and narrow gouges.

alex salviniALEX SALVINI (E2 Class Honda- CRF 450R Enduro)

“Today could be the right time to get the victory, but unfortunately I felt during the third line test, losing at least twenty seconds. Too bad, because I really want this victory and dedicate it to my dear friend Pierpaolo, who died last Friday in a car accident. Anyway I dedicate him my first position in E2. This week I worked hard with the team and I improved the feeling with my bike too. We bring back home excellent results bode well for the future competitions”.

battigALESSANDRO BATTIG (EJ Class Honda- CRF 250R Enduro)
“ It was a tough battle until the last special test with my opponents. But at the end I managed to get the victory with the great satisfaction of being always among the great protagonists. With the twenty points scored now I’m first in the championship: thank you to the team for the work”.

franco210FRANCO MAYR (Team Manager)
“ Salvini gets close to the victory. Too bad, because without the fall in the third line test he would got a great result in the Italian Championship. But anyway he got a good result with the Honda- CRF 450R Enduro. Now the struggle for the leadership in the overall classification is still open, even if Meo has some points of advantage. Battig confirmed to be able to fight with the best riders and with this victory he is the leader of the championship too ”.

tulio210TULLIO PELLEGRINELLI (Team andtechnical coordinator)
“ Today Salvini was the protagonist of a perfect race: without the fall he could get the overall victory, but anyway we are happy with this third place. His performance is positive and is part of a general improvement. His time in the line test were always very good, instead he suffered a bit 'in the cross and in the extreme test. We have to keep on working, but we are confident. Battig confirmed his good qualities with good performances in the final line test ”.

it

­