If you keep browsing this website, clicking on links, you accept cookies and further services.

Amazing Victory for Alex Salvini in the next to last race of the Enduro Italian Championship

hrr gp italia

Over two month after last race in Fabbrica Curone (AL), today was raced in Carsoli (AQ) the fifth round of the Enduro Italian Championship. Despite the long summer break Team Honda- -Zanardo didn’t get caught flat-footed with an amazing Alex Salvini. In fatct, Salvini was the winner of the overall standing and of the E2 class after an epic battle for the supremacy with the Italian-French Antoine Meo. At the end of the twelve special tests, Salvini with the Honda- CRF 450R Enduro managed to prevail on Meo for 2 seconds and 6 cents, a clear sign of the great fight between these two champion, who competed for the victory in a race of over one hour and three minutes. Salvini dominated E2 class too, winning seven on twelve special tests with more than a minute of gap on Montanari, despite a couple of mistakes in the special test. Good performance for Alessandro Battig too, who got the third place in E1 class despite two falls on the first and third laps, confirming his leadership in the championship.

alex salviniALEX SALVINI (E2 Class Honda- CRF 450R Enduro)“It was a good race and a good training with a view to the last round of the World Championship. The organization made a good job and today I faced a tough race. I made some mistakes that slowed me down a bit', including a fall in the last cross test. I have always been very competitive, fighting with Antoine Meo for the first position. The last special test was decisive and I won just for a few seconds. Now let's close in the best way this 2015 season, with the last world GP in France and the last round of the Italian Championship in Borno”

battigALESSANDRO BATTIG (EJ Class Honda- CRF 250R Enduro)
“I felt two times in the first special test and that conditioned my whole day. I struggled in the line test, while in the cross one I recovered the lost time. I’ve been fourth for the whole day, but thanks to the excellent time in the last special test I managed to get on the third step of the podium. Too bad because I could do better and take advantage in the standing, but I lost only two points on Albergoni, maintaining the leadership of E1 ”.

franco210FRANCO MAYR (Team Manager)“Battig begun his race with two mistakes paying the price. He was fast in the cross test, but a little bit slow in the line one. Anyway, at the end of the day, after having been fourth for most of the race, he managed to reach the third step of the podium. He limited the damage in the standing, maintaining the leadership of E1 class”.

tulio210TULLIO PELLEGRINELLI ( Team and technical coordinator)
“Positive race for Salvini, who started very fast and determined. In the line test he could make a real difference, but also in the cross one he has always been strong despite a crash in the final lap. The fight for the overall victory between Salvini and Meo was great, however Salvini deserved this victory: we were searching it since the beginning of the season. Unfortunately Battig was not very fast: we have to work to prepare him in view of the last race of the World Championship in France and for the last one of the Italian”.

it

­